The Technical Programme Committee is pleased to announce that the Abstract Submission Portal for the 30th IEEE Symposium on Fusion Engineering (SOFE 2023) is now OPEN!
Abstract deadline extended to Tuesday 31st January (23:59GMT)
A substantial number of abstracts have already been received, however, we appreciate that the timing of the deadline, coming so soon after the holiday season, has created problems for some people in gaining approval.
We have therefore extended the deadline to the end of the month to accommodate this. The ultimate deadline for receipt of abstracts is now 23:59 GMT on Tuesday 31st January.
There will be no further extensions as we are mindful that some delegates will need to apply for visas and we need to allow enough time for these to be processed.
All abstracts accepted for oral or posters are highly encouraged, though it is not an essential requirement, to submit a paper which will be published in a special issue of IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science (TPS)
Student Travel Grants
Subject to availability of funds, there will be financial support for students submitting abstracts as first authors.
Grants will be in the form of expenses reimbursement up to US$2,000 and receipts will be required to process this reimbursement. Funds will be available to cover travel, accommodation at St Catherine’s College, Oxford where we have rooms held, and an evening meal, not including alcohol.
Grants will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis until all funds have been allocated. A maximum of three grants will be assigned per institution.
To apply for a student travel grant click on the button below and submit the following documents
- A printout of the submitted abstract, indicating the abstract number
- A signed support letter from the academic advisor indicating the title of the submitted abstract and the contribution of the student to the work. This letter will preferably be on institutional letterhead.
All conference presenters (oral or poster) are highly encouraged, though it is not an essential requirement, to submit a paper that will be published in a special issue of IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science (TPS). The deadline for submissions for this journal special issue will be shortly after the conference, with the date to be announced closer to the time.
|Friday 14th October 2022||Abstract submission portal opens|
|Tuesday 31st January (23:59 GMT)||Abstract submission portal closes|
(there will be no further extension to this deadline.)
|End February 2023||Notification of acceptance/rejection|
|End March 2023||Earlybird entry closes|
|Sunday 9th July 2023||SOFE 2023 Opens|
|Thursday 13th 2023||SOFE 2023 Closes|
- Abstracts can be submitted online only.
- The deadline for abstract submission is Tuesday 31st January 2023 (23:59 GMT). There will be no further extension to this deadline.
- Each author can submit as many submissions as they like.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English.
- Abstracts should be within the topic areas listed. Please click here to see a full list of topics.
- The Technical Programme Committee reserves the right to change which topic your abstract is allocated to.
- Abbreviations should be defined the first time they appear in your text, before being used as an abbreviation only.
- Special characters can be inserted within your abstract.
- Tables, charts and graphics cannot be included within your main abstract, however you are able to submit one supporting image, the size of this file must not exceed 5mb.
- Abstracts must be no longer than 300 words.
- Authors should indicate their presentation preference, either oral or poster. The Technical Programme Committee reserves the right to change the final presentation method. Any rejected oral presentations will be considered for a poster. Accepted orals will be asked to produce a 20 min presentation. All accepted posters will be displayed throughout the conference and presented during a scheduled poster session, which authors must attend.
- At least one author must register to attend SOFE 2023 for your abstract to be included in the programme. If you are not registered by the presenter registration deadline your abstract will be withdrawn.
- If you would like to make any corrections to a submitted abstract or withdraw an abstract, please contact . All corrections must be received before the submission deadline on Tuesday 31st January 2023 (23:59 GMT).
- Notification of acceptance/rejection will be sent via email by March 2023.
- At the end of the submission process, you must agree to the abstract submission terms and conditions. Please click here to see a full list of terms and conditions.